From the LiveWire website:
Important Announcement Regarding All LiveWire Hubs and Leisure Sites
Published: 20 March 2020
In light of the government announcements on Friday 20th March, all LiveWire’s Hubs and leisure sites are to close with immediate effect and until further notice.
Further information will be provided to members regarding the process around membership payments however we ask for patience from our members in this regard, given the quickly-developing nature of the situation.
We will be contacting our members via email as soon as we are able with information regarding their membership and the options available, and politely ask they wait to hear from us, rather than getting in touch directly with membership enquiries as we have limited staff available at this time.
Please follow our social media channels for ongoing updates and for how we will be supporting our members during this time.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Thank you for being a loyal member
LiveWire Libraries Announcement: 4pm Thursday 19th March 2020
After the most recent government announcement on social distancing and taking into account the demographic of our library users, following discussions with Warrington Borough Council, LiveWire will be temporarily closing its standalone libraries until further notice from close of business on Friday 20th March.
Libraries in Neighbourhood Hubs (Orford, Great Sankey and Woolston) will continue to operate as normal until further notice.
We are very sorry for this interruption in services and we are doing our best to mitigate the impact this may have on you with the following:
- A fines amnesty – There will be no charges for overdue materials issued from 1st March.
- Items will be loaned until 3rd July.
- Increased allowance of items borrowed from 10 to 30 items.
- Access to range of online resources to support home study.
- Free eBooks and eAudio service online.
- Community outreach where possible by redeployed library staff.
- Online videos on a variety of topics including mindfulness, meditation and at-home exercises, that we are planning to share very soon.
LiveWire will continue to keep you up to date on any developments via our website and social media and will be working with our ‘Friends Of’ groups during the coming weeks to help ensure we can continue to offer as a wide a library provision as possible during this time.